Video | Brand Innovators Fireside Chat with The Vitamin Shoppe
Shoptalk 2023 was our biggest Shoptalk ever! We spent four days immersing ourselves in the latest retail trends with a focus on learning more about the industry and how we can assist our clients— both current and future— in achieving their digital marketing objectives.
In addition to the compelling content, energizing meetings, and high-octane networking at Shoptalk itself, we also had a special opportunity for more of the same with our friends from Brand Innovators at their Evolution of Retail Summit. In fact, Howard Diamond, Rise’s Chief Strategy Officer, partnered up with Nadina Guglielmetti, VP, GM, Marketing, at The Vitamin Shoppe, to create some compelling content of their own during a fireside chat.
Check out the video below to hear Howard and Nadina discuss how The Vitamin Shoppe is: Approaching marketing for both their online and offline business facets, navigating uncertain economic times, proving the value of marketing, measuring marketing impact, and so much more!
- 0:00 - 0:41: Opening Remarks
- 0:42 - 3:21: “How did you find your way to The Vitamin Shoppe and what’s your vision for what’s next?”
- 3:22 - 4:49: “With the emergence of retailers doubling as media companies to engage with their brands, how are you currently partnering with your brands and adding value for them?”
- 4:50 - 6:46: “There’s a level of complexity when you’re working to market both an ecommerce business and a brick-and-mortar business. Tell us a little bit about how you manage that.”
- 6:47 - 8:15: “What’s going on with your customers right now? There’s a lot of different trends we’re seeing in retail, especially inflation. How is that affecting your business?”
- 8:16 - 9:34: “We’re seeing brands holding budgets back to use later in the year. Others are being more aggressive. How do you approach budgeting, and where do you stand on that spectrum?”
- 9:35 - 12:01: “It’s been reported that ad spend has been declining month-over-month for several months now. Different brands are handling their ad spend in different ways, but they all seem to have that little bit of uncertainty in common. What are your thoughts?”
- 12:02 - 14:18: “Some brands are looking for the “sure thing” right now, which can be dangerous because you lose the opportunity to do innovation and testing. If you can’t guarantee a 'sure thing', what are some recommendations you have for getting buy-in from the executive suite on the value of marketing?”
- 14:19 - 15:35: “A little bit of a curveball here, you mentioned incrementality. There have been so many solutions over the years - some that have delivered, others that haven’t. Do you have any recommendations on how to approach advanced measurement?”
- 15:36 - 17:59: “Switching gears, let’s talk about building your team and making sure you have the right talent to deliver on your vision.”
- 18:00 - 19:49: “There’s a lot going on with micro trends, including the need to capture things in real time and be able to act on them. Do you reserve dollars to deploy in those situations?”
- 19:50 - 26:16: Audience Q&A
- 25:55 - 26:16: Closing Remarks