Leveraging Your Amazon Store
Over the last couple of years, Amazon has significantly added new tools and features for marketers to take advantage of in order to drive incremental sales. One of the major changes that has been made is the introduction and continuous improvement to Amazon Stores.
What are Amazon Stores?
- An Amazon Store page is a mini-website for a brand. On a Store page, a brand can curate the selection of products to show, customize the order of products, tailor the look and feel of the pages, and add pages.
- The Store is a great way to move away from the sometimes stale look and feel of Amazon’s product detail and search results pages, allowing brands to add some personality to their Amazon presence.
- Utilizing a Store page allows brands to get more data than they can from their Product Description Pages (PDP) about how consumers are engaging with their pages.
- Brands can leverage Amazon Store Tags to join together other media campaigns, like Facebook or Google, in order to track sales and revenue from traffic those campaigns are driving to Amazon.
Amazon's Store Analytics is a great way to get insights about how consumers are viewing your products, engaging with your content, and ultimately making their purchase decisions. Here are some of the data points available via Store Analytics: visitors, page views, views per visitor, sales, and sales units. This data can be segmented in a number of ways to enable marketers to identify new traffic and sales that can be capitalized on through Advertising campaigns or PDP optimizations.
Many brands, especially those in the CPG space, are often faced with a common challenge; now that they can sell products to consumers via marketplaces (traditionally they only sold via in-store and not eCommerce), how do they maximize sales and revenue across all media sources? Enter, Store Tags.
By leveraging Amazon’s custom Store Tags, brands can tag their off-Amazon media (like Facebook or Google campaigns), send those consumers to their Amazon Store, and retain all tracking. Historically, having insight into this tracking data had been a big pain point within Amazon; marketers would be able to get all pre-click data, but once the consumer clicked into Amazon all tracking would be lost. By using these Tags, marketers are able to retain all data from pre-click to purchase. There are then optimizations a brand can make to maximize revenue across all channels and drive a more holistic program and approach.
Landing Page Optimization
Aside from A+ content on PDPs, a brand’s Store Page is really the only other area where brands can optimize creative and push the boundaries of Amazon’s very templated-approach. Brands have the ability to create multiple sub-pages within their Store and each sub-page can have different layouts.
By experimenting and testing different layouts and destinations of where to send traffic to, brands can start optimizing their Store for conversion. Here are three tips to keep in mind when optimizing your Store page:
1. Use Store Analytics to measure and compare the performance of each page based off of different layouts or templates.
2. Identify the best way to place your products on your page—think about which products to feature and what order they should be in. These optimizations can help brands understand which products consumers are most engaged with and that data can help inform which products to put Ad dollars behind.
3. Utilize Store Analytics and Store Tags to identify opportunities to send Facebook and Google visitors to the best possible page layout. Don’t forget to test using different layouts!
Whether it’s getting access to more data about your Amazon customers, leveraging Store Tags to track other digital media spend driving into Amazon, or testing new creative and content on your pages, Rise has found tremendous value with investing in Stores. Fill out the form today for recommendations on optimizing your Amazon Store page to maximize your marketing ROI.
About Rise Interactive
Rise Interactive is an award-winning digital marketing agency, specializing in media, analytics, and creative & development. The agency is a strategic partner, helping marketing leaders make smarter investment decisions, grounded in data insights. Rise manages enterprise-level campaigns and analytics across all channels of digital marketing.