Episode 3: Overcoming the Full-Funnel Conundrum: Making An Awareness-to-Conversion Marketing Strategy a Reality
We wrapped up our Back-to-School Marketing Binge Watch series with lessons from Natalie Scherer (SVP, Marketing) and Josh Tan (Director, Media Strategy). They discuss tackling full-funnel challenges through awareness-to-conversion strategies. We’ve added timestamps for your convenience below the video. Keep learning!
- 0:00 Introductions and series recap
- 2:11 Lesson plan
- 3:09 What does “full funnel marketing” mean to marketers?
- 6:15 The reality of executing a full funnel strategy
- 11:39 Getting started with a full funnel strategy
- 12:33 Understanding how target customers consume media
- 14:57 Aligning the right communications task to each stage
- 18:09 Structuring top of funnel efforts: tactics & KPIs
- 21:29 Technology helps “normalize” top of funnel comparisons
- 23:20 Structuring top of funnel efforts: creative experience
- 25:20 Connect with your audience via sequenced messaging
- 27:16 Understand how creative messages perform
- 28:21 Factors to consider in determining budget allocation
- 30:23 Dial channels up/down based on performance of each tactic
- 31:17 Proving impact of top of funnel investments
- 32:39 Case study example
- 35:15 How growing spend in the upper funnel grew search by 7x
- 36:56 Correlating video impressions with conversions
- 38:51 How greater brand visibility generated +506% add’l conversions
- 42:19 Where can marketers improve?
- 42:38 Driving stakeholder alignment is the key to success
- 44:51 Share testing roadmap & ongoing learnings
- 45:40 Example top of funnel analysis designed to drive alignment
- 47:08 “Final exam” & key takeaways
From all of us here at Rise: Thanks for attending our ‘class’! We hope you’ve learned some refreshing and useful new insights and tips along the way.
Interested in more? There are two additional episodes in our 3-part Back-To-School series. To view the other episodes and keep on learning, click below!
Want to stay up to date with Rise’s relevant and data-driven insights? Subscribe to our blog!